Thursday, September 13, 2012

BLT Burrito - A twist on a bacon lettuce tomato sandwich


So this morning my handsome son ate 1 bowl of oatmeal, 1 banana, 3 pieces of bacon, half an apple and was still hungry. So, I decided to get creative. I wanted to make sure this last meal filled him up but wanted also to do something different for him. He was in his seat asking for a sandwich or more bacon. So instantly I thought BLT - but this boy is not crazy about sandwiches with lettuce or tomatoes. However, he does love cheese roll ups, so I decided to get a little fun and make him a BLT burrito. He is in his seat slurping away and licking his fingers so I think I was successful. And I think if I ate bacon I would probably be loving it as well.


  • whole wheat tortilla
  • shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2 slices bacon
  • a handful of baby spinach
  • hot sauce - or tomato sauce if you will if your kid can't handle the spice :)

  1. First I microwaves the bacon for two minutes, though I probably could have gone a little lower since I was cooking it again anyhow
  2. I filled a row of cheese on the bottom of the tortilla
  3. covered it with spinach
  4. place the two pieces of bacon on top
  5. added a little more cheese to hold it all in
  6. rolled up the tortilla (i usually put a tiny smidge of cheese in the last bit of the roll to "glue" it together
  7. Microwave for 45 seconds
  8. watch your son inhale it
Good stuff - I hope you bacon lovers enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...