Saturday, May 21, 2011

Peanut Butter & Chocolate Croissants


So last night I had planned to make Bryan a dessert of mango sticky rice, and then I realized we didn't have lite coconut milk, and his brother decided to come watch movies with us and his limited palate would not have enjoyed the rice I am sure. So, in the end it all worked out, but there I was in the kitchen trying to figure out what to make with the ingredients at my disposal. When I saw the tubes of crescent rolls in the fridge my first thought went to a trick I learned in college to make donut holes and roll them in confect sugar. But I was trying to be a bit more creative than that. I recalled my friend recently went to Epcot and I advised her to stop by France and visit the bakery for a croissant. She not only did that but had a croissant with chocolate in it. And lets see, nothing goes better with chocolate than some creamy peanut butter :)

  • tube of crescent rolls
  • peanut butter
  • semisweet chocolate chips
  1. Preheat to 375
  2. Unroll the dough
  3. Place a smear of dough on the wide side
  4. Top with a small pile of chocolate chips
  5. Roll it up from the wide side to the thin side
  6. Curve it like a crescent
  7. Bake in oven as directed
  8. Serve and enjoy :)

1 comment:

  1. I haven't had peanut butter in croissants before - I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...