If you have a wonderful Russian in your life like I have one in mine, then you may have experienced the heaven that is Vareniki yourself. If not - tune in and give it a whirl yourself!
- 2 C flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp veggie oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 lb strawberries
- Mix flour, salt and egg into a dough.
- Add water and knead away.
- Egg oil and continue kneading.
- Cover bowl of dough with a towel and move on to strawberries.
- Chop strawberries into small pieces and place into bowl
- Add sugar to berries
- Mix and set aside.
- Go back to dough and break into manageable sections
- Roll out the dough, and use a cookie cutter to pull out circles
- Place a small amount of strawberries (you will figure amount more as you work) on one side
- Fold half of the circle over into a moon dumpling shape.
- Use water to seal the edge.
- Use a fork to seal the edge.
- Complete this process until the dough is gone.
- Place dumplings into boiling water.
- Once dumplings float, remove.
- Serve warm. You can drizzle remaining strawberries and juice over the dumplings. We added vanilla bean greek yogurt as well and it was to die for!