Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tofu Tibs Recipe


  • tofu
  • bell peppers (red, yellow, green)
  • onion
  • tomato
  • bebere
  • evoo

  1. heat pan with evoo
  2. cut tofu into strips
  3. sprinkly a couple spoonfuls of berbere (if you have a girly tongue maybe 1 or 1/2 spoon)
  4. cut peppers and onions into strips
  5. cut tomato and rip out center
  6. throw garlic and onions into pan and heat until onion is translucent
  7. throw in tofu and give it some time to cook with onions and garlic
  8. throw peppers in the pan and let them brown slightly
  9. tomatoes in after a few minutes
  10. Spice if you like with paprika, ground black pepper, salt, more berbere ;)
  11. Serve on injera
My inspiration was what I had at Queen of Sheba in Atlanta pictured here:

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I have never been to a bonafide Ethiopian restaurant, so I have to DIY on everything. I kept seeing posts about injera, and I read all kinds of blog posts about how to make it. I'm sure my version isn't very authentic, because I am afraid to ferment stuff for days. But it's good enough for me, until I get to go to an actual Ethiopian restaurant some day and try the real thing! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...