Thursday, June 6, 2013

Spiced Pork Chops & Mango Salsa


Rare is the day that I touch meat. But every once in a while I have to get down and dirty in animal flesh for my boys. So when I saw that Publix had pork chops on BOGO this week I decided to make it happen. I found some recipes and tweaked them to our taste.

Pork Chops
  • pork chops
  • allspice
  • berbere
  • salt & pepper
  • rosemary
  • basil
  • honey
  • evoo
  • balsamic vinegar

Mango Salsa
  • 2 diced mangoes
  • mint
  • chives
  • lemon rind
  • lemon juice
  • stevia
  • red pepper

  1. slice tofu, dry, and marinate in allspice, bebere, rosemary, basil, salt, pepper, a tiny bit of honey, evoo and balsamic in the fridge for a few hours 
  2. chop mangoes and mix with mint, chives, rind, juice, stevia, and red pepper to taste 
  3. saute tofu in nonstick pan until crispy 
  4. serve with salsa drizzled over

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...