Thursday, June 6, 2013

Crispy Smashed Potatoes


So... I was making the boys pork chops last night and thought it would go well with mashed potatoes. Unfortunately the only potatoes I had were tiny little potatoes and guess what! I didn't feel like spending hours peeling tiny little potatoes. And when I pondered making mashed potatoes with the skins I recalled a recipe I had seen for smashing potatoes instead of mashing them. So I looked up some recipes and combined my favorite parts of them. And since they were insanely yummy - I figured I would share what I did with you.


  • small potatoes
  • olive oil
  • salt & pepper
  • garlic
  1. boil the potatoes in a pot of water
  2. once they are soft remove them from the water
  3. take two dish towels and place a tater in between
  4. smoosh the potato with your fist until it is quasi flat
  5. place a parchment paper on a baking sheet
  6. move your potatoes one by one to the baking sheet - if any of them crumble just smoosh it back in
  7. drizzle evoo over and under all the taters
  8. shake salt and pepper over the taters
  9. drizzle chopped garlic over the taters
  10. Roast them in the oven for about 40 minutes
  11. If they aren't brown yet broil under a watchful eye to make them crispy
  12. Serve and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...