Friday, April 26, 2013

Meatless Lettuce Wraps (In the order of P.F. Changs or Chilis)


So. I can't tell you how many times I have been to Chilis and watched a friend eat those lettuce wraps while I silently drool over the concept. As a big fan of flavorful food and one who yearns to like lettuce more it was something I wish I could enjoy. When I found a couple copycat recipes for the chilis lettuce wraps and the lettuce wraps that they make at P.F. Changs I knew that I could make a version without meat that my family would enjoy. Not to toot my own horn... but toot. It was fantastic. My son ate his two huge wraps in the blink of an eye and then was stealing lettuce off of our plates before we could eat ours. My husband asked for more despite being stuffed. And I couldn't wait until everyone was gone today and I could sneak the leftovers for lunch. Bwahahaha - yeah its all gone now. So steal my recipe and fill your bellies. Of course if you want to, you can always substitute my fake chicken with chicken or any other meat.


  • big outer lettuce leaves (we used iceburg but anything is usable)
  • boca fake chicken strips, defrosted and chopped
  • 1/2 of a sweet vidalia onion
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • 2 Tablespoons of chopped fresh ginger
  • chopped peanuts
  • green onions
  • 1 can of corn
  • 1 can of black beans
  • hoison sauce
  • 2 T teriaki sauce
  • 1 T rice vinegar
  • 1 T evoo
  • 1 T peanut butter
  • 1/2 T water
  • 1/2 T honey
  • 1/2 T chili sauce
  1. Cook fake chicken and onions over light evoo in pan until browned
  2. add garlic and ginger
  3. add corn and black beans
  4. add teriaki, vinegar, evoo, peanut butter, honey, water, and chili sauce
  5. cook until well blended and browned
  6. add green onions to the top and cook until they soften
  7. scoop mixture into lettuce, top with peanuts, wrap tightly
  8. Serve hot with hoison sauce and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...