Monday, October 22, 2012

Taco Seasoning (without MSG)


I am making a mexican meal tonight and wanted to premake the taco seasoning. While I have some packets in the fridge I  have a slight sensitivity to msg and really would prefer to not put any of it in my son's body if I can avoid it. I didn't have the same ingredients as the recipe called for so this is my version...

Oh I should mention - in the future I will not leave my son alone with his lunch (tadiq leftovers) while I make taco seasoning - lest I return to the table and find my dog with a tadiq fur coat, my son covered in tadiq and a new dining room carpet of tadiq.... apparently my son and my dog had a food fight.


  • 4T chili powder
  • 3T + 1t paprika
  • 3T turmeric
  • 1T + 1t ground chives
  • 1 clove garlic chopped
  • 1/4 t ground cayenne pepper


  1. Mix ingredients
  2. Add 2 heaping T of seasoning + 1 C water to 1 lb meat

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...