Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Soy Based Artichoke Crockpot Quiche


OK. Perhaps I overreached on this one. The first few bites were awesome, but then as I finished my piece of quiche I spent the remaining bites wondering if I really liked it. As someone who lovvvvves food and most of the time drools of her own creations... I don't need to make again a meal that I have to wonder if I like. However, it is a low calorie / low fat version of quiche so if that sounds up your alley - here is the recipe :)


  • 1 can artichoke hearts
  • 1 vidalia onion
  • 1 cup light soy milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1 cup soy cheese
  • garlic
  • lemon juice
  • spices (salt pepper thyme rosemary)
  1. Saute artichokes, onion and garlic in pan with evoo or spray butter
  2. Whisk remaining ingredients in a bowl
  3. Pour egg mixture into crockpot with sides sprayed with butter
  4. Once soft, spread the artichoke mixture through the egg mixture
  5. Top with a bit more soycheese
  6. Cook on high for 4-5 hours
Now I am not giving you a photo of the final product - cause it was ugggggly ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...