Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Raviolini Sick Soup

I must fess up - I totally yanked this soup from my sister one time when I had a cold. I modified it for my own taste and here we go...

As a vegetarian, chicken soup when I am sick isn't that appetizing. So this is a great alternative for the vegetarian who wants a tasty flavorful treat. The best part is it is so crazy easy to cook, you can do it with a fever stumbling around the kitchen. I have no photos, because I was sick and icky and didn't feel like taking one, and of course there is never any left when you share with your non-sick family members :) Don't forget all this spinach puts some great nutrients into your body to help you fight your ick.

  • vegetable broth
  • one package of frozen chopped spinach
  • raviolinis (these are great cause they are tiny but you can also use tortellini or any small pasta really)
  • spice to taste (i use pepper, berbere, thyme, etc)

  1. Bring broth just to a boil
  2. Add spices
  3. Add defrosted and drained spinach
  4. Bring to boil and let it cook a bit so the spinach flavor gets in the soup
  5. Pour in raviolinis and cook as long as directions say on package
  6. Serve and Enjoy
** Kid Friendly Tip - I scooped out the raviolinis and spinach into a bowl minimizing the broth for my son and he literally licked the bowl clean. It was the first time that I have gotten this little iron deficient cuteness to eat spinach so I am remembering the trick for the future. Of course he has little interest in liquid foods and would have made a crazy mess if we put much broth in it. **

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...