OK. I am about to share a secret with you. But don't let everyone know or we are going to put ice cream shops out of business and my Bryan will be heartbroken. This is our most favorite recipe these days and every single time it blows us away. Are you ready? Can you handle this?
[yes. really. thats it. no. im not kidding. thats all. ok if you want you can add other things like peanut butter, cocoa, others. but yes this is all]. You will need a food processor for this.
- Take 3-4 bananas and peel them
- Cut them into slices
- Place them on a plate and stick them in the freezer for a few hours or overnight
- Once they are frozen hard and almost stuck to the plate, throw them in a food processor
- Turn on
- First the banana will turn into a gravel like substance.
- Keep a spoon on hand to push back towards the center and unstick pieces.
- After it is gravelly keep going and keep going. It will start to get creamy.
- Once your entire thing is creamy like the consistency of soft serve ice cream, you are done.
- If you want to add things (we add a spoonful of peanut butter here cause bry LOVES peanutbutter ice cream) do it now and process it until its smooth in your food processor.
- Scoop into bowls and enjoy. [you can also put it into the freezer for scoopable ice cream if you prefer]
I promise you will be surprised at how this will trick your mouth into thinking it is ice cream. The texture and taste will hardly give away that it started as a banana. So so good.