Friday, May 6, 2011

VeggieLoaf (MeatLoaf without the Meat)

I am not going to lie. This did not turn out as yummy as I had hoped. Fortunately Bryan loved it anyhow (hes the best) and ate two whole helpings. My problem with it was that it wasn't firm enough. I think next time I will try to find some more ingredients that could firm it up a little, maybe less egg.. or try to dry out the eggplant and tofu more. I will let you know how it turns out next time I give this a whirl. Do you have any ideas for a loaf recipe? share them in the comments!
  • eggplant (2)
  • 1/2C cashews/peanuts
  • 1lb firm tofu
  • 8oz mushrooms
  • 4 cloves of garlic
  • 1C wheat germ
  • 1C old fashioned oats
  • 1T whole wheat flour
  • 1T breadcrumbs
  • 2 eggwhites
  • spices of your choosing (parley/tyme/rosemarry/basil/etc)
  • red pepper (or what i put in everything i cook - berbere)

  1. preheat oven to 400
  2. use the food processor to grind up the nuts, eggplant, tofu, mushrooms, and garlic
  3. mix it in a large bowl with the remaining ingredients
  4. pour it into a loaf pan and bake in oven for 60-75 minutes
  5. 10 minutes out pour some tomato sauce on top of the loaf and continue baking

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...