Thursday, May 5, 2011

Veggie Paella

In hopes of making vegetables more interesting for my husband (and me) the past few weeks I have come up with a few new fun recipes.

One of the most fun for me was the veggie paella. I think I have had paella one other time in my life, my first week of college at University of Florida.

My parents took me out before they left me at the dorm, for my last yummy expensive meal before becoming a poor college student.

And I had the yummiest concoction of goodness called Paella. This week I attempted a veggie paella and hope to perfect it in days to come. If you have a fun paella recipe link/post it in the comments.


  • evoo
  • vegetarian sausage
  • tofu
  • garlic
  • artichoke hearts, quartered
  • 1C squash
  • 1 C zucchini
  • 1/2 C carrots
  • 1 Bunch asparagus
  • 1C frozen peas
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • paprika
  • bay leaves
  • parsley
  • black pepper
  • 2C cooked brown rice
  • 1/2C veggie broth


  1. Sautee proteins in evoo with garlic
  2. add veggies and continue to sautee and spice
  3. add diced tomatoes and simmer until the liquid dissipates, spicing to taste
  4. add rice and broth and continue to simmer until the liquid is absorbed
  5. remove from heat and serve :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...