Monday, January 3, 2011

Sweet Ginger Couscous

This past Saturday I was scrounging up a meal for my husband and mother in law when I came across my couscous in the pantry. Normally I would throw some Parmesan in and be done with it but I wanted to try something a little different.


  • 1 cup dry couscous
  • 2.5 cups water (can substitute chicken/veggie broth for more flavor)
  • ginger paste
  • splenda (or sweetener of your choice)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  1. Bring water and salt to a boil in a small saucepan
  2. When boil is reached pour in couscous
  3. Remove from heat
  4. Add in a small squeeze of ginger paste and some splenda to taste and mix well to distribute evenly
  5. Cover and let it sit about 10-20 minutes until all liquid is absorbed into couscous. Should be a fluffy not sticky consistency.
  6. Serve and enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...